Long-Time County Map-Maker Passes Away At Age 98, 6-28-15 full story...
Piper To Retire As County Engineer After 40 Years Of Service, 5-28-15 full story...
Petitioned Ditch #1304 Dick Warrington/Sugar Creek Information, 4-13-15 full story...
Revisions To Allen County's Standards For Conveyance Of Real Property, 1-29-15 full story...
County Employees Make Holiday Donations, 1-6-15 full story...
Thayer Road Bridge Opens, 12-5-14 full story...
Salt Shortage Causes Change in Salting Policy, 11-7-14 full story...
Hook-Waltz Road Bridge Under Constuction, 8-28-14 full story...
Ream Road Bridge To Be Closed For Replacement, 8-1-14 full story...
Contract Awarded for Three Allen County Bridge Replacements Through ODOT's Ohio Bridge Partnership Program, 6-26-14 full story...
County Applies for Emergency Funds for Thayer Road Bridge, 6-19-14 full story...
Allen County Engineer Hires GIS Technician, 6-10-14 full story...
- Long range planning and engineering
- Bridge and culvert design
- Drainage design
- Roadway design
- Traffic engineering and design
- Includes traffic signals and accident analysis
- Right-of-way/Property acquisition
Construction and Inspection :
- Administration of all capital improvement contracts
- Bridge, roadway and intersection construction and the annual pavement resurfacing program
- Inspection, measurement and documentation of all pay items
- Certifies adherence to specifications and plans
- Prepares partial and final payments to contractors
- Utility coordination and relocation
- Cable, electric, fiber optic, natural gas, pipelines, sanitary, telephone and water
- Reviews and issues various permits
- Annual bridge inspection
Operations and Maintenance:
- Road and Bridge Maintenance
- Ditching and drainage, culvert installation, painting and striping, pothole patching, bridge repair, berm work, guardrail repair, mowing, brush and weed control, snow and ice control
- Emergency Maintenance
- Storm damage, downed trees, high water and flooding problems, debris
- Traffic Operations
- Maintenance of traffic signals, traffic signs and pavement markings
- Fleet Maintenance
- Maintenance and upgrade of on- and off-road vehicles and equipment
- Training of personnel on safety procedures to ensure compliance with OHSA regulations
- Building and grounds upkeep
- Engineering review for the Lima-Allen County Regional Planning Commission on all new subdivision developments
- Inspects construction of all new subdivision streets
- Storm sewers, stormwater management systems, road and bridge design, soil and erosion control measures and traffic control
Tax Map Office:
Administration and Finance:
- Maintain permanent copies of all road and bridge plans, maps, aerial photos, benchmarks and land records
- Information Systems
- Maintenance and operation of computers, software and local area network
- Budget and Payroll
- Management of annual budget, including anticipation of fiscal needs and assessment of revenue availability in order to balance spending while developing a schedule of infrastructure projects
- Public Information
- Coordination of project and construction information, media relations, development of the Annual Report and official Allen County Road Map as well as the management of this web site